Last Tuesday I was hungry between classes and I ended up buying a muffin. The muffin was good and I was no longer hungry. Then it happened again later in the week. Again, the muffin was good but I felt bad about paying $1.25 for something I could easily make at home. So, Friday I bought a muffin pan, and on Sunday I made them. Here’s the recipe:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins (makes 12)
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Combine oats and milk and leave them alone for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Add egg, oil, brown sugar, chocolate chips and walnuts into the oats and milk.
- In a seperate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add oat mixture to the flour mixture and mix.
- Put the mixture into a greased mufifn tin (you don’t have to grease the tin if you are using baking cups), it won’t rise too much so you can fill it up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it looks good.