OK, this one is mine. Good enough “chicken” corn soup in maybe 15 minutes.
- 1 L water
- 2 bouillon cubes: chicken, fake chicken, or veggie
- 500 ml frozen corn
- 1 egg
- Start to boil the water in a pot.
- Add the bouillon cubes.
- Once the bouillon cubes have dissolved add the corn.
- Blend it all together with an immersion blender until there are only a few bits of recognizable corn left.
- Cover the pot and wait for the soup to boil.
- Beat the egg and pour it into the soup while stirring the soup.
- You can add soya sauce or sesame oil to the pot if you like or just let people add to their own bowls.
This is a reasonable facsimile of what you’d get from a restaurant that takes about as long to make as it does to boil 1L of water on your stove. You’re looking at maybe $1.50 in ingredients. This is Leila’s favourite soup but that might just be because she’s a kid.